Saturday 16 March 2013

Girl's Weekend





This weekend I am off to Newcastle with my four great girlfriends. We have been friends since school and haven’t actually all been on a trip together since we finished school (and that was nearly 10 yearsago!).  This trip may be a little different from the last one-for a start I am 6 months pregnant!

I have never really been to Newcastle so I am really excited to explore and get to know the city. But the trip did present me with a few problems in terms of what to bring. For one thing the weather could be absolutely miserable or gorgeous-such is life in the UK. Also we will be doing lots of sightseeing and shopping so plenty of walking, and going out at night. At the same time I am getting rather large; so how do I stay chic, comfortable and warm this weekend?
My inspiration:
1.    The absolutely stunning Hedvigso from her blog:the-northernlight.com. She has made me realise that just because you are pregnant does not mean you can’t look amazing!
2.    A gorgeously polished look
3.    Miranda Kerr rocking, and downplaying, her bump
4.    I love the combination of necklaces available onthe gorgeous etsy shop of Shopkei

My reading list:
I am totally incapable of going on a train without masses of random reading material. Here is my selection for this trip:
5.    A book I have been meaning to read for sometime: Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
6.    Monocle, one of my favourite magazines to really encourage me to think
7.    Vogue-need I say more?

The clothes I am taking:
8.    This Wolford shirt has been my pregnancy saviour
9.    Leopard print scarf, mine is actually a bit of silk purchased from one of the many amazing fabric shops in London
10. I could not get through spring without a trench coat. Mine, sadly, is not Burberry but from Monoprix
11. Darkboot-cut jeans
12. So that I will survive all the walking-riding boots
13. Best underlayer-actually a dress but works wonderfully to cover the belly
14. Because stripes are great and I am going to show off my bump a la Hedvigso
15. Last but not least my Miu Miu bow bag. I love that thing a little bit too much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...