Monday 25 March 2013

Wintery March in Berlin


Berlin in March is a little bit depressing; temperatures well below 0, plenty of snow… Don’t get me wrong I LOVE snow in December and January! By the middle of March I (like everyone else by the looks on people’s faces) am ready for a change. For sunshine, the first blossoms, and cute spring clothes. But it is not to be, so I can be found in a sort of escapist dream world. Here is how I will cope with the weather:
  1. Be inspired by the DesignSponge guide to Berlin 
  2. Lounging around in lovely little cafes like La Fleury
  3. Eating amazing food at DuDu
  4. And visiting my favourite museum: German Historical Museum
  5. Is there any way to actually look good in this weather? I am not convinced! The layers, the cold, and the wind all combine to make outfits that are puffy, unflattering and just plain dull! But that doesn’t mean one can’t rock a bit of personality under all that. So I will be sporting a wrist full of jewels, no one but me will know but don’t you think sometimes it is those little secrets that make us walk that little bit taller? 
  6. Berlin city notebook: Ideally purchased at the most adorable little paper shop:
    RSVP
  7. To me it is that time of year when I can’t help but dream. Everything seems so dark and gloomy but surely other brighter things are just around the corner. I love nothing more than sitting down with some gorgeous paints and just dreaming of what spring has in store for us.
  8. You have seen it before and here it is again: my leopard print scarf
  9. Why not top of the wrist of jewels with gorgeous nails and beautiful hair?
  10. My Bow Bag to store all those city essentials (although it is only little so it will be a tight squeeze)
  11. Maybe one day I can actually dig these out of the depths of my wardrobe, retire the big clompy boots, and enjoy the feeling of lightness and prettiness that only a pair of gorgeous little shoes can provide.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...